Monday, September 29, 2014

Persuading with Perfection

I tend to think very deeply, especially about ways I can prove to others with just a bit thinking that God exists. On my way to finding answers I think of questions. To be honest, in the Bible alone I have been able to find answers to all my questions, no place else. I want to share with you some questions I ask myself and what answers I find to them. It would be too much to share them all at once so I will need to do it step by step through my blog. Let us start with my first question:

What is perfection?


According to an English dictionary perfection is a perfect embodiment or example of something. When we speak of perfection in the imperfect world what are we comparing to? What is our perfect example? I honestly do not know what people's role model of perfection is. As I read the bible I am constantly in awe of the perfect God I read about. God wants us to become more and more like Him and reach perfection. In Mathews 5:48 Jesus says: "You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." I know for sure that I am not perfect. I am not as confident as Jesus Himself to call myself perfect. Why? Well, because I don't always say or do the right things even if I truly want to all the time. When I compare myself to Jesus I realise that I am far from perfection. As king Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and
never sins." I have to agree with him. I have not yet found a perfect person. Since I am not perfect I find one reason of many for my need of God.
    When I think of perfection I think of a world where there is no more pain, no more suffering, selfishness, hatred or abuse. A perfect world is governed by love, full of harmony, happiness, peace, freedom, no limitation and is where all speak the same voice. I am sure that most people, regardless of religion or faith, have the same idea.
    How can my mind imagine a perfect world if it does not exist? How can I imagine and have an idea of what perfection is if it does not exist? It is hard, well impossible, to imagine this world coming from something that came from something that came from something and all the way to something never ending. The only logic for me is that there is a Creator who has always existed and who created everything we can see.
These following verses say it all:

Colossians 1:16-17...

For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things were created through Him and and for Him. And He is before all things and in Him all things hold together.


1. Corinthians 8:6...

Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. 


Hebrews 11:3...


By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Perfection cannot be created from someone who is not perfect himself. It involves good things only and love is the source of all good things. God is love according to John 4:8 so God is the source of perfection. Perfection is good and God is good. Perfection comes from God alone. We all long for perfection, something that is above ourselves. Unfortunately, not everyone realises that God is actually what they are longing for. Creation longs for its creator. We will never know who we truly are or be fulfilled until we get to know our Creator.
    Another final though regarding all this is that everyone fears death and no matter what people try to tell you, all long for eternity. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says: "He (God) has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, He has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end." I believe that God has put this desire in us so that we would find Him. Only through God can we receive eternal life. He gave His only begotten son so that creation could be with Creator for all eternity (John 3:16). My favourite author and writer of the Narnia books, C.S. Lewis, said: "If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world". 
    With limited minds like ours we can never fully understand eternity or God or find all the answers. As the last verse I quoted mentioned, we cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. But we can still have faith and believe in God and we can always find peace in knowing that our Creator knows the answers to all the questions we have. If we knew everything, we wouldn't need faith or God. God wants us to trust Him, depend on Him and need Him. Well, of course God already knows we need Him but we ourselves need to realise that we need Him. God is waiting for you to find Him and one of the clues He has already given mankind is its desire for eternity and perfection.

-------

2 comments: