Monday, May 12, 2014

Journal of Joy!

      A couple of years ago during some of the biggest valleys in my life I started my journal of joy. What is that you may ask. It's a journal where I write inspirational quotes from books I am reading,
song lyrics, important memories, prayers and most importantly scriptures that have nurtured my heart and that God has given me. I don't believe I will ever stop keeping a journal like this. Writing down things makes it easier to remember them and if you ever go through a tough time, or if you are simply having a bad day, you can always go back to your journal and be encouraged. 
      There have been days I really needed encouragement and when I looked into my journal I got the joy I was lacking since everything I read was something that had personally encouraged me before!
I highly recommend you to keep a journal for yourself. You will always be encouraged and as the years pass you will see every journal you kept as a jewel. It's always fun to look back at what God has done in your life and see you much you have grown as a person. 




2 comments: