Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Little Forget-Me-Not

Forget-me-nots are my absolute favorite flowers, the prettiest ever. It is easy to create heartfelt symbolic meanings with them and I have done that many times in my own personal writing. I think forget-me-nots are quite underestimated; often referred to "just" being tiny weeds. But if you put in the effort to take a closer look at them, they are just perfect; the beautiful rich blue color, and what seems like a yellow crown in the center, symbolically the crown of life, and they stick to you no matter what!
      Faithful flowers they are indeed. I also love the fact that when they are developing, but not fully bloomed, they are purple. My favorite color. These flowers remind me of myself, to be honest. There have been times in my past where I felt like a little forget-me-not; easily looked past, small and tiny, fragile and different. The world may see me as a weed; different, old fashioned when waiting for true love, my godly standards, my choice of giving up my life so it may be lived for God… but "that's all right," I thought. I am in this world, but not of it. I should be different! I should contain things the world is looking for. They should yearn for the God living in me. 
      And I should be small and tiny; like a forget-me-not. That way God can grown strong and big in me and His strength in my weaknesses will be a testimony to all. The more time I dwell in God’s love and stick to Him, the bluer I will get and in the end I will fully bloom in Him.
I always imagine when the right man comes along, he will notice me, the little forget-me-not above all the other flowers, even the roses. When he picks me, I will stick to his heart forever. And God inside me should attract him. God always leads his men to pick the right flower.
     Out of this idea of the personification of the forget-me-not this poem was born. 


He found a flower by the sea,
Its fragrance called his name.
"My love, I am your destiny,
My heart is for your aim."

Reaching for the tiny flower,
He pressed it to his heart.
With so much beauty to devour,
His senses fell apart.

Forget-me-not tiny and blue,
Cried with tears from the rain.
In his hands a different view,
A world with no more pain.

Above all roses it was picked.
Rejoice! The day had come.
Never again by thorns was pricked,
True strength hardships came from.

He found her waiting, woman fair,
His true beloved one.
He placed the flower in her hair,
Her heart was aimed and won.



Pick Jesus and the right guy will pick you. God never forgets you and picked you before you picked Him!

Your sister in Christ,

Sahara Rós

2 comments: