Thursday, March 27, 2014

The New Normal Life

     If my life were a book, the name of this chapter would be; 'The New Normal Life'. I look at my life as a book and every thing that happens in my life is part of a chapter within this book which God has already written. Now is the time for me to go on my very first mission trip which will take place in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. My teacher in bible school says that living a normal life is all about going on missions spreading the word of God. I have never gone on a mission trip before and therefore I refer to my next chapter as my new normal life.
For those of you who don't know where Bulgaria is, here I have pointed it out on the map:


I must agree with my teacher that it is normal for a Christian to go on mission trips. God's great commission is found in all four gospels. Since, it is mentioned at least for times one can assume that it is very important. In Mark 16:15-18 we read:

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

This is exactly what I intend to do. I pray that I may do it with honor and I pray also that God give me what I need to give to others for you can't give away what you don't have yourself. In Romans 12:11-12 Paul speaks to the people in Rome who he will see during his own mission trip. He speaks of how he wants to impart some spiritual gifts to strengthen them and hope that they may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. Paul encourages the people and so do they him. It works both ways. This is the beauty of serving God, you always win. 

This, my dear friends, is my prayer to you all out there before I set off on my journey. 




If possible I will write during my travels in Bulgaria. If not, I will have many stories and testimonies to tell when I get back for your encouragement in hopes that you too will fulfill the great commission "with style". 

In love and prayer,

Sahara Rós






No comments:

Post a Comment